Wednesday, August 1, 2012

To Dionysos

My god,
I hope you know
that I could never not be devoted to you.
Though I know I've seen only a fraction,
walked little of this labyrinth,
and still question my intuition,
you are the grand hologram,
the lightning strike that cannot be unseen
even when I didn't know I had the eyes for it.
If you never spoke a word to me,
never stroked my skin to gooseflesh
or caught me as I danced recklessly in your name,
it is all only to remember the truth,
(which is eternal)
that you are in my blood, my tears, my breath,
my love and longing,
for this life (Life!)
filling me to the brim.
And even when i pass away this body
whose limbs have swayed and lept, knelt and walked,
wrought and ached, for you.
Still, you will be there.
I know and I remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment