Tuesday, September 17, 2013

And yet the music still plays

Oh my gods, this music...



It stirs me up, it reminds me of my core, the part that is always longing, the part that only one person has truly known.  He would love this song too.  

Does it even work, trying to explain one's inner landscape by sharing songs?  



This band is called Wolf Parade, fronted by the incredible Spencer Krug, who sometimes goes by the name Moonface.  These are the lyrics:

I am a wall of sand and stone
and you, you're some kind of ivy I'm trying to hold as best as I can.
As best as I can.


But I'm a disaster,
I could not be burning faster

I stick my arms into webs,
I take my meals with weirdos,
And play with my rocket ships.


And all the while you, you
are so composed.
So composed
So composed


You are the most gracious thing I know.
Touched by crooking flowers
Touched by snow


And I put my rockets away.
I think you're fantastic.
I'll put my rockets away.
I know that you care.
I'll put my rockets away.
And you
I'll put my rockets away.
are a house of skin and hair.

I've been running off of fumes again.
I've been running off my mouth.
I've been running in the hours
between midnight and dawn
In the direction of the moon.
With the impression that's the way,
the way to find your house.


So, hey, I will build your bastion
And hey, how long can you put up with these questions
When you got nowhere to go except
into the terrible air?


And I put my rocket away.
I think you're fantastic
I'll put my rocket away.
I know that you care
I'll put my rockets away.
And you
I'll put my rockets away.
are a house of skin and hair)


Erring on the side of culture apparently past
Come down from the good rack crystal glass


'Cause I, I'm a wall of sand and stone.
And you, your some kind of ivy I'm trying to hold
as best as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment