Monday, January 13, 2014

The Lenaia begins...

Last night I dreamt that I was walking through the jungle of weeds in my backyard at night when I suddenly sank waste deep into the wet ground. I tried to call to my mom, but could not.  I felt a bit absurd, as I couldn't move an inch.  I felt a vague sense of panic start to well up.  Suddenly the ground gave a tremor, I sank a few more inches, and then a few more feet as a chasm started to form.  On the other side of it, was my electric organ and piano.  For a second, I feared that they would fall in and be broken. Then I realized if they did, they would probably fall on me.  Then the earth gaped even wider and I realized I was certainly about to die. Is this not what I wanted?  The musical instruments fell in and we all started to fall.  With a mixture of fear and anticipation, I surrendered.

More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment