Thursday, February 9, 2012

Lenaia (In snapshots)

(My apologies for the brevity and the lateness, but wanted to get this much down at least...)


A very spontaneous idea, before it all begins --


Let's shave our heads.


A devotional activity, and a sacrifice of vanity.


Down to a quarter inch.  Our heads are liberated!


We help each other weave ivy garlands for them.

 
My homemade Greek honey cake is cut into a phallus shape.

A night-time procession.  Bells ringing.  A brazier of incense.

Into the desert, until we are surrounded by brush and palo verdes.


A spontaneous invocation.


Awaken, Dionysos!


White wine on the dry earth smells strangely like rain.


We vibrate and intone.  DEEE-OHHH-NUUU-SOooos...


The Moon peaks through the clouds.

 
On the way to the club, songs on shuffle.
 
This song plays -- it always reminds me of my shape-shifting dreams.
 

 
The one thing that's changed about my favorite goth club is that they stopped serving wine. 
 
Luckily, this Dionysian brought a bottle of wine with her in the car, and carries a wine key at all times in her purse.

Intoxication.  Laughter and communion.


The music...



Oh I have missed dancing!


For You, my god...

 



No comments:

Post a Comment