Monday, January 23, 2012

Dionysos Lampteros

Dionysos Lampteros (Torch-bearer/ Shining)

Tarot card drawn: 8 of Swords reversed

NotesLampteros

I think this snake has been stuck
in my throat for ages.
the dark weighs in, with sharp edges
of whispers and steel,
and phantoms in
the hundreds (if I could see)
I’m sure.
I am lost.

The shadows, too, are yours.
(and the madness)

I summon the syllables,
and a memory of another life,
of laughter and lights and
the wild careening of women in the mountains...
my god!
it may as well be myth.

Somehow, my voice the weakest of sounds,
but still, your name

(and the madness)

your name

Suddenly
the flicker of a torch
in strange periphery!

With the barest glimmer, you have
exploded my world outwards,
like a star reborn.
If I have form,
if I have distance...
if
if
                         if
the light beckons
I release my breath like a prayer, and

take off the blindfold.





No comments:

Post a Comment